Thursday, November 6, 2008

Halloween On Campus

DISCLAIMER: I made sure to X out all the faces because there are people I actually know in this picture and I don't want any feelings hurt. Plus, this was a party I actually attended.



Halloween takes on a complete different form when you mix in college students and beer. Add some costumes, subtract most of the fabric, and you got yourself a Halloween party. There were many parties for me to participate on this particular holiday and I went to most of them. Over 4 parties to be exact. That’s how many I went to, and only one did I get drunk enough to tell people “I got pretty drunk” and it was a complete blast. So, PRAISE that wonderful Halloween party I went to that had 2 kegs and a huge container of hooch (do you know what that is? Or is it just a redneck thing?). But, as I was saying Halloween is a whole other ballgame for college students. It’s all about the costumes that girls are wearing and how much skin they can get by with showing. Now, there were many girls competiting for that title at the party that I went to. I saw pimps with their hookers, a girl scout, and many one piece bathing suit clad women claiming to be some type of animal. I saw cops, bees, witches, and even a set of girls dressed up as “the case holders” for Deal or No Deal. The difference between the childhood and college versions of the holiday are very specific and easy to see. The reason my school and friends make it such a big deal is because it is an excuse to party and see women with the littlest amount of clothing on possible. Now, I know a few people that get completely trashed on a regular weekend basis. But, on Halloween… I see more drunk people then you could imagine. People going too far, drinking stronger drinks, and drinking way past their normal limits. This weekend I saw hookups in the middle of a dance floor, intercourse in the woods, and I myself got a little frisky in a pickup truck (hey, I can’t lie!!). Halloween is just a bad of an excuse to party as beer pong is known as the international party game.

The funniest things about Halloween that I noticed this year were the things I did, the places I went, and the fact that Halloween is one of the biggest times to see men act like children. Obvisouly, we have already discussed how girls dress on Halloween but when it comes to guys wardrobe I saw many interesting and amazing costumes. A simple red shirt with “To: Women From: God” and a bow on a guy’s head. I saw a best friend group dressed as the twin towers (with the word tribute on the front. It was tasteful. Funny. Not a mean outfit), a scarecrow, a Mexican (with an authentic sombrero), and even an amazingly hot transvestite. I love watching silly guys run around in their outfits, beer in hand. So, Halloween. Is it something that we should keep for children to get candy? Or, will it always be this big excuse to party? Will I be a 35 year old women wondering what the hell my daughter is wearing out to a Halloween party (a Halloween get together she will most likely tell me)? Ah, I won’t know till it happens will I?

Thank you and I’m out..

No comments: