Friday, October 3, 2008

Financial Aid Situation From Hell

The only reason I am even capable of going to college is because the Government has so nicely provided me with full tuition (through a different varieties of grants). My mother's side of the family is very capable for paying for my tuition but they choose not to. Maybe that's because my grandmother has 5 grandchildren to even consider paying for. And, you best believe what I or my sister get, my Aunt Suzie is going to make sure (our cousin) Randon gets it as well. Oh, there is no unfairness in this family---just greediness. But, I recieved a specfic grant for my books called an S.O.G. Book Award, which awarded me 500 dollars per semester for books. Free money. HELL yes. Especially for books! Cause, those prices fuck you, and hard. Without a condom and with out sorrow.

So, of course, I bought my books. But, I only bought the books I was told to buy. My Spanish teacher and World Civ teacher both told me we would not need our books yet. Of course, this information filled me; at first, with ultimate joy! No books?! Yay. Around a week or so ago, I was informed of the Spanish test. Of course, we now needed our books. On that same week, my World Civ teacher said we would finally be reading out of our text. So, that exact day I go to purchase my books....only to find out that my grant had expired. Expired?!?! There was an expiration date on the free money you gave me?

I had about 300 dollars worth of books in my hand. I felt like crying when all these people behind me heard of my sorrow. I was incapable of purchasing my own books. I was wearing 39.50 dollar jeans, and a 49.95 dollar sweater with a 19.99 dollar tank top underneath. And, the sperrys on my feet were real. But, I couldn't buy books. I was upset. Pissed. I didn't know what to do.

I just want the creator of this S.O.G. Book Award to know that he/she is a complete asshole. Please, take away this "expiration date". At least don't make this money dissapear for me only THREE DAYS AFTER CLASSES BEGIN! Get your head out of your ass long enough to look around and realize that people sometimes need to buy books even after the 3 day time limit. Get real.

Thankyou, and I'm out of here

No comments: